PugliaExperience is a travelling workshop for professional scriptwriters. It is a highly specialised programme that meets three main purposes of the Apulia Film Commission Foundation: promoting TV productions in Apulia, supporting training in writing skills and creating business opportunities for screenwriters.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25th September 2014
Apulia Film Commission Foundation is organising the fifth edition of PugliaExperience Apulia Audiovisual Workshop, two workshops for sixteen (16) professional scriptwriters from all over the world. This edition is focused on TV series.
The main tutor is the screenwriter James V. Hart, author of many films, such as Bram Stoker’s Dracula by Francis Ford Coppola, assisted by special guests as Claire Dobbin, international script editor, chairperson of the Melbourne International Film Festival, Christopher Vogler, veteran story consultant for major Hollywood film companies and author of The Writer’s Journey and Memo from the Story Department, Ellen Sandler, writer of Everybody Loves Raymondand author of The TV Writer’s Workbook, Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin, writing team of The Killing.
This edition is organised in partnership with eQuinoxe Europe e.V., an independent, non-profit association founded in 2001 to support european filmmakers on an international level.
A final pitch session with a panel of international TV series producers will end the workshops.
Timing: the two workshops will take place from 17th November to 6th December 2014 (first session) and from 9th to 21st February 2015 (second session).
Pitch session: 20th – 21st February 2015
Location: Apulia region. The local area will be used as a large-scale “set” to inspire scripts for international TV series productions.
Number of participants: 16 (sixteen).
The essential and basic requirements in order to apply are:
- Proven professional experience as scriptwriter or director and/or certified qualification as screenwriter or director from specialist training schools or bodies (public or private);
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
Extra requirement (not compulsory) is:
- Proven professional experience as TV series scriptwriter or director.
The application pack to be submitted includes the following documents:
- The application form duly filled and signed (attachment A);
- A statement of truth, certifying the veracity of the information provided in the CV and that the applicant is the only author of the concept submitted and that she/he has not sold the rights of the concept (attachment B);
- A professional CV, preferably in EU format or Europass;
- A copy of a valid identity document;
- An original concept (within 6.000 and 10.000 characters spaces included) for a TV series script that could be set in Apulia. For further information about the Apulia Region please visit the following page: About Apulia.
Please ensure that all documents are written in English.
Participants must be full-time available until the end of the two workshops and during all the activities planned as detailed at the art. 2 “Details of the PugliaExperience 2014 – 2015 programme” (CALL FOR APPLICATION).
For all the information to apply to the fifth edition of PugliaExperience, please download the official call of attendance: AAW PugliaExperience 2014-2015 Call.
Applicants should send this documentation by scanning and uploading it as a one-file (maximum 6mb) on the specific section of Apulia Film Commission website available at the following link:
The deadline is Thursday 25th September 2014, h 23.59.
Please note that it is possible to ask for further information until 22ndSeptember 2014 to the following contacts:
Telephone: +39 080 9752900.
Project ref. code B39E12000900004
PugliaExperience Apulia Audiovisual Workshop is an initiative co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (PO FESR Puglia 2007 – 2013 Action 4.3.1.)